By joining Fairmount Soccer Association (FSA), we/I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for all children participating in FSA by following this Parent’s Code of Conduct:
1) I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth soccer event.
2) I will place the emotional and physical well-being of all children first at all times.
3) I will insist that a safe and healthy environment is provided for all players.
4) I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults. I will do my very best to make youth soccer fun for all players. I will do my best to help my child understand that commitment to a team requires regular attendance at practices and games, and will also use my best efforts to insure consistent attendance.
5) I understand that a crucial element for soccer player development is the need for players to learn to think for themselves. Accordingly, I will not coach my child or any other player during either a game or practice. If I do not agree with a coaching decision or a referee’s decision, I will refrain from vocalizing my dissatisfaction in an effort to promote and reinforce the positive and enjoyable soccer experience envisioned by the FSA Mission Statement.
6) I will treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect, good manners and common decency.
7) I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect, good manner, and common decency.
8) If a coach, official, or Club representative calls to my attention that my child is not treating coaches, fans and officials with respect, I will counsel my child on his/her need to do so and explain that failure to correct such an attitude may result in disciplinary action by the Club, which may include expulsion.
9) If I fail to abide by the above Code of Conduct, I recognize that I may be barred from attending youth soccer events sponsored by the Club, and that my child may be dismissed from a team, at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors.