SUMMER SOCCER CAMPS
Travel Soccer Pre-Season Prep Camp 2017 (please read entire page before registering)
The registration cost is $40 per week for any travel players in the United Philly Soccer organization or one of its affiliates, which includes: The Fairmount Soccer Association, The Germantown Soccer Club, and The Anderson Monarchs.
The cost for non-United Philly Soccer players is $150 per week.
Head of Travel Coaching, Mario Bono, is offering 3 one week travel soccer pre-season prep camps on the below dates @ Edgely field from 8:30am to 11:00am, with pick up soccer on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm to 8pm each of the below weeks:
1) Monday, June 19th to Thursday, June 22rd
2) Monday, June 26th to Thursday, June 29th
3) Monday, July 31st to Thursday, August 3rd
* Optional heart rate monitoring equipment is recommended for players looking to take their conditioning to the next level. Please contact Coach Mario for recommended brands and models. An introduction to heart rate monitoring will be given at the beginning of each camp week for anyone interested.
This camp is structured to help our travel players be better prepared for the demands of a high level travel season, ODP tryouts, and/or a competitive high school soccer program. The curriculum for this program will be based on a holistic player development approach.
Below are the key areas of focus:
- Physical Component: Conditioning, strengthening, speed, and agility program that will include fitness testing and strengthening activities. This component will be geared towards performance enhancement and injury prevention
- Technical component: Ball mastery activities that will make players feel more comfortable manipulating the ball in high pressure situations.
- Tactical component: Will allow players to gain a deeper understanding of positional requirement of being a successful soccer player. Tools that will be used to Foster development in this area will include videos, tactical testing, and group discussions.
- Mental Component: An Introduction to Cognitive techniques that are used by top athletes to help gain an advantage over their competition. These Cognitive techniques can help reduce stress, increase focus, awareness, and confidence.
– A player must be able to jog 3 miles daily
– A player must be focused and motivated to improve.
For more details please get in touch with Head of Coaching Mario Bono.
For camp registration which must be done in advance, please choose to register under intramural programs after clicking here for registration.